Subject: conversion chart for pixel->pica->inches->millimiters?

From: "H&kon W Lie" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 May 1995 18:54:31 +0500

Bill,

 >   Do you have a handy conversion chart for the various 'spatial'
 > coordinates that we use in the style sheet proposal?

1 in = 25.4 mm = 72 pt = 6 pa 

The naming of these will become an issue -- the less significant the
more discussions..

I enclose some code to do the pt to px conversion (which is the only
one I support so far). The source code of xdpyinfo.c has an
explanations of the issues.

  double display_pt2px;

  #ifdef X11
  display_pt2px =  (25.4 / 72.0) * 
	(((double) DisplayWidth(display,screen)) / ((double) DisplayWidthMM(display, screen)));
  #endif

  int pt2px(double pt)
  {
      return (int) ((display_pt2px * pt) + 0.5);
  }

-h&kon

Hakon W Lie, WWW project CERN, CH-1211 Geneva 23
http://www.w3.org/hypertext/WWW/People/howcome/