Subject: css draft specification

From: "H&kon W Lie" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 1995 20:49:27 --100

I'm in the middle of evacuating from CERN to INRIA, and time to play
with style sheets is limited. However, I've made a new version of the
draft specification I'm working on available [1]. This mailing list
has been an inspiration while editing, thanks! Also, a new version of
Arena (0.97g) which implements several of the new features is
available [2].

Among the changes in the document:

 - The applicability of the style sheet language to other DTDs than
   HTML is supported in principle

 - A way for the user to set style properties outside of HTML (or
   SGML) is proposed, e.g.:

     $HTML-SOURCE: font.family = courier; font.size = 12pt;

 - A box-oriented formatting model is suggested

 - small-caps/big-caps issues are discussed in more detail

Comments welcome.

-h&kon

[1] http://www.w3.org/hypertext/WWW/Style/css/draft.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/hypertext/WWW/Arena/0.97.html