The changing setup
In 2014 I was interviewed by uses this where I described my setup. Since then, only a few things have changed:
- Since 2016-09 I have an electric car with a tow hitch. Tesla Model X is a probably the only car with any agricultural use; I use it to transport apple juice from my orchard
- In 2016, I also switched laptop from X220 to X250. I was sceptical about the keyboard, but it actually works quite well. It allows me to have a 2TB disk, which includes much of my archives.
- I continue to use the Canon 6D camera and have not upgraded to the 6D MKII. The foldable screen on that model seems flimsy. Instead I bought another MKI after having taken around 100 thousand pictures with the first one. Especially, I took many pictures when sailing to Easter Island on a balsawood raft.
- I continue to use the Fastpack BP 250 backpack, but has switched to the new AWII model. It has a nifty way of removing the waistband, which I never use anyway.
- In 2018, I purchased a pipe organ workshop. It feels worthwhile to help make instruments that will last for 100 years or more.
- The watch is still Swatch GB743, but I've switched to a silicone strap. The Swatch shop in Brussels was a very nice place to do so.